Want to make the world a more beautiful place one room at a time? Are you interested in creating healthy living environments that are energy efficient and conserve our natural resources? Have you wondered where to begin? This project allows you to have fun learning how to design the space around you while being kind to your environment. You can work on your own with the curriculum or with a group.
Design your project around the parts of interior design and green living that you enjoy, such as:
- Applying design elements and principles of design to a room
- Faux painting
- Creating one of a kind items to be used in your design
- Building or refinishing furniture
- Creating a storyboard for your room design
- Choose energy efficient products to be used in the home
- Tour homes
Check with your local county Extension office about opportunities at county fairs or shows.
If you need any type of accommodation to participate in a program or have questions about the physical access provided for an event, please contact the AgriLife Extension agent in your county. Requests for accommodation should be made at the time of registration for the event or at least two weeks prior to the program or event.